This product is available in a number of different colours.
How to select a colour:
1. Choose your ideal colour from product images
2. Type the Little Greene colour of your choosing into the custom colour box
3. Add to cart
Little Greene Traditional Oil Primer Undercoat 1 Litre
Little Greene Traditional Oil Primer Undercoat 1 Litre. This is a traditional oil-based primer and undercoat for wood or metal. Its great for indoors or out. And you won’t need a separate tin of primer. Everything you need is in the one can. This saves you money. Plus you can use it under all the Little Greene paint finishes.
- Available in colours to match your chosen top-coat colour
- High opacity matt finish
- Low odour
- Contains anti-corrosive properties
- Coverage 12 m2 per litre depending on surface
- 2 coats recommended
- Surface dry in 4 hours. Overcoat after 16 hours (minimum)
- Excellent flow and self levelling
- Available in 1 and 2.5 litre cans
Hardwood. Do not apply Traditional Oil Primer direct to resinous hardwood. First apply Little Greene Aluminium Wood Primer. Lightly sand non-resinous hardwoods. Seal knots with knotting solution.
Softwoods. Lightly sand wood prior to painting. Seal knots with a knotting compound. Ensure moisture content of timber is below 15% before painting. Never paint damp wood. This can lead to blistering, flaking or cracking.
Green Oak. Leave green Oak to weather at least 6 months before painting.
Metals. Remove surface rust from metal before applying Little Greene Traditional Oil Primer Undercoat. Non ferrous metals must be pre-treated or primed with an appropriate primer.
Existing paint finishes. Remove all loose and flaking paintwork. Wash down with sugar soap. Rinse with clean water. Rub down with a medium grade sand paper to provide a key. “Feather in” areas where paint has been removed. Make good any repairs. Sand and then apply the primer to exposed surfaces.