How to use Craig & Rose Artisan concrete effect paint
As you know, we have recently added Craig & Rose products to our store.
Established in 1829 by two young Scottish entrepreneurs James Craig & Hugh Rose, Craig & Rose became renowned for manufacturing superior quality paints, and professional painters and decorators quickly adopted it as their brand of choice.
Their Artisan range of decorative paints and finishes allows customers to create bold and bespoke effects in their home and inject a contemporary style to the space they choose.
If you like the idea of using the Artisan Concrete Effect in your home, or for your clients but don't know where to start then this blog post discusses what you will need, how to prep, and how to apply.
PRODUCTS YOU WILL NEED:
- Craig & Rose Artisan Concrete Effect paint
- A trowel
- A paint stirrer
- 12mm medium pile roller
- Masking tape
- Use tape to mask off the area
- Read paint label contents before starting your project
- Clean the surface of the area before starting
- Pour all cans of Concrete Effect into a dry container to ensure evenness of colour
HOW TO APPLY:
- Cut in the edges
- Use a long pile roller to apply to the wall
- Smooth the surface with your trowel, holding it at a 60 to 80 degree angle
- Repeat this process over the whole wall
- Apply three coats using the exact same process. Allowing four hours between each coat to guarantee that they have dried before reapplying
- Using sandpaper, lightly polish the surface in a circular motion. Make sure to have left the final coat for 2-4 hours before polishing.